Wednesday, May 28, 2014


In pride of place is the beautiful tag I received from H for the104th WOYWW. I can't believe it's 260 already! Happy WOYWW 5 : D.

Also on the desk is some scrap paper I'm breaking down into smaller pieces, Papertrey Ink's Tea for Two stamp set, and a piece of the strip stitch die cut that I wove tiny strips of paper through.

The rest was used in this card. The tea pot felt pin is cut with the die for the aforementioned stamp set.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for a peek at crafty spaces around the world : D.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Make It Monday #165

My card for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #165.  Using one of my favorite stamp sets (Funky Florals) I used Betsy Veldman's watercolor technique stamping the large flower in Simply Chartreuse and Ocean Tides. When everything had dried, I stamped the sentiment in black and the flower centers in Classic Kraft.

May 2014 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

This month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop challenge is to create something using Melon Berry and Aqua Mist.

A2 base: Melon Berry cardstock
sentiment: Tea for Two 

Strip Stitch die
Aqua Mist cardstock
Melon Berry Pattern Paper scrap cut into thin strips (cut end at an angle to make a "needle")

pin holder:
Stamper's Select White cardstock
White Organza ribbon
Half & Half single die with point
inexpensive seed beads with aurora borealis finish
ribbon sewn on with beads (holes punched with a paper piercer and a Tim Holtz ruler.. Sew up from the bottom, pick up a bead and then sew back through the same hole in cardstock.

Tea for Two teapot die
top and bottom layers are Papertrey Ink Melon Berry felt.
two middle layers are craft felt I had on hand (almost an Aqua Mist)
inexpensive seed beads with aurora borealis finish.
nymo beading thread and bead needle. Stitch beads on top layer to create a polka dot effect. Sew pin clasp (or safety pin) on back of the bottom layer. When sewing the four layers together, pick up a bead for each stitch.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014


I've been mostly tidying up this week, but I "think" I've finished my clock. The wings have been stickled and re-attached. Then I added antennae (with stickles), stickles to crown points and the stickles to the flowers.  I kinda love Stickles.

P.S. I should add I had originally finished this about 2 years ago, but added to it about a year ago, and now again. Hence the "think" I've finished lol.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground to see crafty spaces around the world : ). 

Wednesday, May 14, 2014


It's WOYWW 258. Time flies, and sometimes crashes. I'm altering/mending my altered clock (again).  I'm adding distress bronzed stickles to the wings before I reattach them. I use the jumbo clip balanced on a roll of painter's tape to get the stickles on the edges. On the right is a stack of embossing folders I write the identifying information on the front with a sharpie. Towards the back is the new package of paper clay I bought, of course I have now found my other packages of paper clay. Perhaps I shouldn't store them all together? And in the way back is a stack of sizzix dies.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground to see more crafty spaces or to join in the fun : D.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014


It's been a while, 33 weeks to be exact.. Back in September I broke my beloved old Panasonic Lumix and then lost the charger. My computer broke down shortly after the camera broke and my only internet access for a few months was through a 6 year old notebook which hated looking at blogs with pictures.The computer has been replaced, and Friday I got a new Panasonic Lumix.
I've been spinning a lot of yarn/thread with spindles mostly, but also a turn or three with my wheels. Dabbled with paper, and knit hats and scarves for Christmas presents (thank you for your free short row knitting class) to the point I could watch my beloved Korean Dramas whilst knitting. And it''s so nice to see the backside of winter.

In the forefront is my first experiment with my new Papertrey Ink Strip Stitch die which turns cardstock into perforated paper suitable for cross-stitch. I didn't put the metal shim under it, so some of the dots didn't come out automatically. I've been experimenting with selective hole punching. 

So if you'd like so see more crafty spaces, or join in the fun, head over to Julia's Stamping Ground : ).