Tuesday, June 24, 2014


This week I dyed with something other than Kool-Aid for the first time, and I have to say I am pleased with the results. The skein on the left is a 2 ply (1 corriedale and 1 romney) and the other two are 4-ply cable yarns (2 2-plys are then respun together). I love how the dye was absorbed differently by each type of wool (but I have no idea which is which lol).

I've been carving some stamps. Erasers are sooo easy, but I decided to try something different. I never saw clear blocks before. This one was labelled easy carve (not compared to erasers lol). I stamp the progress as I go, in this case the back side of a Jo-Ann Fabric flyer.  The purple mice I have out so I can figure out what to do with it. I usually have to mull things over.

I finished my Sending You Sunshine card, and thanks to Nikki C, I got the glitter to show up in the photograph.

It even glows in the dark : ). The details can be read here.

I've also made some headway on the organizational front. I went through about 4 feet of patterned paper and cardstock and managed to find 4 inches I can part with lol. The pads I've decided to keep, I  labelled on the adhesive side with a sharpie so it's easier to find what I'm looking for.  I still have about 2 feet of paper pads to sort through and a lot of loose paper squirreled away in pizza boxes (ones that never had a pizza near them).

To see more crafty spaces around the world, head over to Julia's Stamping Ground : ).