Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WOYWW - 88

Usually I'm in the "Gee is it Wednesday already" group, but this week I was getting ready to post WOYWW on Monday night lol. It's been busy on the ole crafting table this week including one stint to post 9 cards (and 9 separate posts) for the Papertrey Ink Design a Stamp Set with Nichole Heady Contest as part of the Fourth Anniversary Celebration which had me up until 3 AM by the time I photographed and posted everything.

So, as you can see, I was doing a lot of stacking and pushing which reminded me of a video from CHA at Scrap Time where Tim Holtz was creating in the same manner. He called it creative chaos I believe, so if it's good enough for Tim Holtz, well by golly it's good enough for me lol. They have 5 videos of a 50 minute session of Tim Holtz doing a demo at CHA. Oh my bug, the glassine paper, the "stand" which is so brilliant, the stamps well just everything!

I made a steampunk mini book which I am filling with little bits and Tim Holtz message stamps as the recipient really likes those. It's a tiny tiny book (3.5 x 5") and the sort you have to hold open to read (and put in the scanner to get images lol).  I used one of the stamps from the Stampers Anonymous 100th collection (with all the tickets) which says "art is a shadow of what a person is thinking". I dug into my handy dandy box of experiments and scraps which double as ready to use embellishments.


When I found the little frame cut out of kraft cardstock, I got me thinking about the trip Tim Holtz (I know, how many times can I squeeze Tim Holtz' name into a single post lol) wrote on his blog about to Disney and I came up with this little embellishment for the page using the skew button on my Gypsy to make the shadow (which is foiled to match the frame). I undercut the image so it would have a more jaggedy edge to it.

Lastly I have evidence of use of my treasured Waltzing Mouse stamps I got for Christmas from the sister who made me the gorgeous quilt. Faux knitting fun abounds :D. There will be lots more to come, but I needed to show the stamps have been in use lol.


If you would like to see more crafty creation sites fun, head over to Julia's Stamping Ground, better yet, snap a picture and join in the fun :D.

18 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Nice fun start to your book. I have been creating at this pace too for about a 2 weeks and am thrilled to come up for air. I too made a little book that will post on Saturday, totally different than yours but so much work. Nice to know someone else out there is creating in chaos! Have a restful day.

Chelle said...

WOW...you have been busy. I love the book and of course the Mickey...too cool. Thanks for sharing. (You can never get too much T!m Holtz). 103

Andria said...

That book is looking good, so much texture and work to it. Happy WOYWW, didn't have time to join in myself this week, but couldn't resist a good nosey around anyway. Great creative workspace.

JoZart Designs said...

You certainly are firing on all cylinders and I love that book. Mickey is kewt too!
JoZarty x

Zue said...

Some great work going on there. The book cover is amazing. I am not sure what glassine is, though!!
Sue xx 56

Starla said...

Love the texture on that little book! Star 102

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Well, I've not heard of ANY of those Tim products, so I may get kicked off the blog hop because I didn't say Time enough times (BIG GRIN). Happy WOYWW. Late, but still Wednesday, which is a REAL improvement over many weeks lately (number 7).

Nicky said...

Love the book you are working on and the micky stamp is so much fun ~ Nicky no.9

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh thanks so much for popping over to my blog and also for sharing what you are up to ... isn't it always amazing how many different styles out there (love Mickey) and so re-assuring when others also craft in chaos as I do! my sisters were here (on our way to Weight watchers..mm?!) on Monday night when my desk was like that and they looked at me as it to say this is the best you can do? but they loved the results, so there!
love Shaz in oz.x

okienurse said...

Very nice book...lots of character. Thanks for sharing.
Vickie

Dotty Jo said...

Great book! TFS, I enjoyed my visit! Jo x

Anonymous said...

Now that is truly creative chaos, and very nice it is too. Hope you catch up on your sleep!

Hugs
Brenda 89

Sunshine Girl said...

Love everything you have done this week - particularly that Mickey with his shadow its very impressive!

Carola Bartz said...

You've been pretty busy. Like the steampunk mini book although I am not a big steampunk fan.

Julia Dunnit said...

Faux knitting - love that, made me laugh! Are you a Tim Holtz fan then?

Kathy said...

Lovely photos - that mini book looks so wonderful

karen said...

Very creative desk you have! Obviously at the end of some major creating! I had a peek at the cards you made and they are great!
Thanks for visiting me ... and now it will be time for WOYWW again in a couple of days!
xoxo Karen

Marjo said...

OMGosh time just got away from me this week. Now I can't remember where I've been. The columns look funny..lol Sorry to be so late visiting. Maybe I will just still till the next WOYWW...lo

Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs,Lucky #2 Marjo