Sunday, September 11, 2011

Make It Monday #31 Creating Backgrounds with Non-Background Stamps

Warning!!! This process has proved to be completely addicting lol.

This week's Make It Monday is using a non-background stamp to make a background. I'm starting my Christmas Cards and used a sentiment stamp for the background. The mat is what's leftover from a cut made on the Cricut Imagine and transferred from the mat with the use of painter's tape.

cardbase: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy
mat: AC Cardstock white, Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art cartridge, cut with the Cricut Imagine.
sentiments: both from Papertrey Ink 2009 Holiday Tag Collection, Merry & Bright stamped with K Marcella Red Dye, Happy Holidays stamped with Versamark.

This is a "just because" card, perfect for a book reader. I used a sentiment stamp for the background.

cardbase: Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White
stamps: Papertrey Ink, All Booked Up, sentiment stamped with Tattered Rose Distress Ink, Image stamped with Memento Black Tuxedo
patterned paper from scrap stash
edge: Spun Sugar Distress Ink and American Craft black gel pen (from Club Ruby Designers September 2011 kit).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both - they are so striking!!! The reading one is probably my favorite!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

I agree, they're both wonderful!!!

You're so funny!!! Can't wait to hear what you're addicted to next! LOL!!! If your anything like me most craft techniques can be addicting until we move on to the "next" addicting one! LOL!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wait! This isn't Monday. If it was Monday, I'd be gone. But since I'm here, I'll stick around and admire these two cards and appreciate the technique you have become so addicted to. Both of these are fun, and I especially like the second one. Guess I'm still resisting Christmas! Happy Monday, whenever it gets here.

Jingle said...

These are cute! I really love the book one!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Love them both-- and that background technique! Are you really working on Christmas cards? I am so impressed!