Tuesday, August 27, 2013

WOYWW 221

This is the aftermath of Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire 2013. I haven't been back in my craftroom since yesterday. I've been catching up on things like showering and sleeping lol. The cutting board is what I use for heat embossing and shrinky dinks (holding it down with a paper piercer while I heat it with a heat gun). The styrofoam was standing in for my missing poking pad. I finished all 10 projects, some of my results were "ehhh" but I was pleased to have done them all.

My favorite challenge was the Scent-sational challenge (complete with the instructions). Make your own scratch and sniff pieces (I used cherry kool-aid on the cardstock buttons, but the possibilities are amazing, coffee, chocolate, ginger, basically any powdery smelly thing that doesn't have sugar and clear embossing powder.

This is my favorite card from the bunch (the rolled dough challenge). The challenge was to make a die-cut embellishment from paperclay. The matching dies and stamps were from Papertrey Ink's Simply Jane (even the background stamp and inside sentiment).

I did well at the fair this year, my embroidered nametag got a blue ribbon in the non-wearable handspun category.

My seahorse card got 3rd place.

If you are wondering what's all this WOYWW, head over to Julia's Stamping Ground. You can peer at crafty spaces around the world. Take a picture of your own and join in the fun : ).

16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Well look at you! Haven't seen you post this early since I don't remember when (grin).

Thanks for explaining how to make the scented card. I might have to try that one of these days. And I loved your tag, too.

Happy WOYWW from # 2.

BTW, I've never worked with paper clay, just the poly kind you have to bake. This looks like fun.

Helen said...

What fab things you've been up to!! Have a great WOYWW Helen 23

Claire said...

wow! great creations - I just love the idea of scratch 'n' sniff cards - brilliant! the dough caneo is very pretty :)
happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
no. 38

The Taming of the Glue said...

Congratulations on the placing! I love the seahorse card and must try a scented card, maybe a Christmassy scent. Hugs. Pam#36

glitterandglue said...

You certainly have had a lot to get done - well done for finishing everything. Congrats on all the awards!
Have a great week.
Margaret #37

fairy thoughts said...

Hi sally
Scratch and snif eh never would have thought of that but chocolate would be too cruel if you couldn't eat it
Lovely projects well done for finishing them all

voodoo vixen said...

Gosh, you have been busy making lots of lovely things! The scented card idea sounds like fun too! Annette #9

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Well good on you for getting things done.

Winnie said...

I heard about that after the fact by a fellow blogger. I must check it out next time! Your work is all lovely. I am a big fan of the dough cameo piece, as I love that set and use it all the time for my Jane Austen group gals cards etc. I can see why your seahorse got a place as it is so charming! Winnie#84

Kelly said...

Love the variety. Go you on your fair placements. I use to love entering the fair. They're not as 'fun' around here as what I'm used to from IL so I just don't play anymore. Like I'd have time! LOL

Haven't seen anyone use the grocery product scenting in a long time. Thanks for bringing it back around. Creative Blessings! Kelly #107

Craft Paper said...

Scratch and sniff cards, I'll have to find out how to do that! Happy WOYWW!

Nancy #123

ddazzled71 said...

Wonderful cards, your seahorse is beautiful and I love the sounds of a scratch and sniff card. Have a great week! Danie #62

Laura said...

I NEED to check out the scratch and sniff tutorial!!
Happy WOYWW
Laura
87
p.s. love the seahorse!

Unknown said...

I glad you finished all your projects. I can see by your desk that you were really having some fun. Your cards are really cute. Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting #3

Unknown said...

Hiya, TY for stopping by for a visit. Nice that someone else gets the hibernation thing. I always feel like I'm the only one, but thanks to all my lovely woyww peeps, I'm so not alone. Your cards are awesome, love the whole scratch n' sniff idea. Hope you're having a great weekend. (((HUS)))
Kimmie
WOYWW #1
Kimmie

April said...

What fun. You've gotten all kinds of projects done. I really like the searhorse card. And congrats on your blue ribbon. April #24