Monday, August 11, 2014

Oh, So Attractive


It would be a heavy card, but it could definitely be a card. It's a prototype for a bit of analog fun that is surprisingly calming. It's definitely kinetic it's also an entry in the Artful Times Kinetic challenge. And Simon Says Scratched Up, the iron filings in use especially look scratched up.

It's iron filings, some googly eyes and some elegant (Anna Griffin) papers. It is heavy (well it's iron filings) and they really needed to be in a sealed form. I used four sheets of heavy cardstock glued together rather than the foam tape I usually use for shaker cards. I also used a sturdy piece of plastic packaging for the window.

Put it in an easel and it can also be a message board.

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Really clever, and USEFUL. Nicely done, this kinetic beauty.

BTW, you don't have to have tea or water. You can make a card, a scrapbook page, or drink a cup of coffee. You don't even have to have anything in your cup. I often don't have. Imagination is what I'm looking for at T time.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, how fun and creative! I can see playing with this all day (and getting nothing done) So what else is new? LOL Brilliant! xxD

Chris said...

Love it! What an original idea.

I remember iron filings from my chemistry classes at school - so many years ago now... So much fun chasing them around a magnetic board.

Craftyfield said...

Fantastic idea! The googly eyes from behind the fillings look so much fun, could be a shaggy dog, a friendly ghost... Definitely Kinetic!

Sandra said...

What a fun idea! So cool and beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Neet said...

I think it looks like a little owl sat on a branch when the iron filings are on it and it is so cute. Where you got the idea from I will never know but what a fabulous one. Well done.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times again.
Hugs, Neet xx