Sunday, April 17, 2016

With Sympathy

A sympathy card made with Willow and Mat Stack 1 Collection and die set. After I stamped the tree trunk with Dark Chocolate from the Willow set, I used the Woodgrain Impression Plate on the front half of the Classic Kraft cardstock. I used a Mat Stack 1 die cut from Vintage Cream cardstock with the frame stamp with Classic Kraft ink and a sentiment with Dark Chocolate from the Willow set. The leaves are stamped in Ripe Avocado on Classic Kraft and attached with foam tape. I applied 1/4 inch score tape under the tree across the card front and attached Ocean Tides Satin ribbon (upside down for a more muted finiish) with pleats. On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the Willow set.

And because the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge is Dimension, I'm entering it there too

I was heavily influenced by Heather Nichols' With Sympathy post. In fact it was this post that made me buy Mat Stack 1.



3 comments:

Cindy O said...

Beautiful colors and theme for a sympathy card! The wood grain makes a very nice impact. Love your "wrong side" satin look, too!

Unknown said...

Love your woodgrain card! Great texture! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Lisa H said...

someone will be blessed to receive this card. Thanks for sharing it with us at MMM. I really like how you pleated the ribbon to add dimension. =)