Thursday, September 21, 2017

Embedded Object Page

Day 7 from the creativebug book art class. The two sides are also stitched together with pierced holes and handspun chain-plied cinnamon tussah silk embroidery thread. Ends left for an interactive elements since the dur-a-lar prevents the perforated paper from being touched.

There are a few drops of gold paint for a little extra shine : D.

I started with a little piece of perforated paper that has been on my desk for a couple of years. I started painting it with paint I had left on my desk when I was coloring background papers. This was the front.

Until I turned it over. Now this is the front.

I stitched the perforated paper some Pearl Cotton and DMC Gold Metallic floss. I liked both sides so I decided to make two pages that worked together so both sides could be seen. The windows were cut with the square from Papertrey Ink's Limitless Layers: 2 1/4 Square die.

The back can be seen on the next page. I used the square cut from the paper to fill in the hole on this page. The piece is seen against the same background no matter which side is looked at.

I love being able to see the shadows cast too.







1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is incredible. I love the delicate nature of the paper and the beauty of your stitches. You are getting a LOT out of this class.