Wednesday, December 5, 2018

WOYWW 496

With the exception of Candy Cane Christmas being put away, my desk looks identical to last week. Most of my crafty doings this week have been knitting, sometimes with Archie Cat on my lap lol. I am a persistent knitter, and usually knit in bits of time. I started this Briochelicious shawl in May 2017. I very rarely knit in the summer. In part because I am easily distracted by crafty things and in part it is just to warm for me to touch in summer. And this year I have zero Christmas Knitting to do, so it's leisurely knitting for myself : D.

Brioche is a lovely soft knit fabric after the fact. But it is fraught with ways to fuck it up lol. In this example I managed a new mistake which created a peep hole. It will bother me, so I am going to fix it the next time it comes by. I did not have enough coffee in me to watch the numerous how to fix brioche mistakes videos on YouTube the first time I saw it lol. Like I said, I am a persistent knitter.

I also started perusing this book. And in addition to instructions on making paint, paper, pigments, and prints... It has ideas for making BRUSHES!! Process crafter me is just giddy : D.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for more crafty peeks.

6 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you make me smile so much! First of all, my bravery at leaving an open pot of glitter - I don’t have a cat, so I don’t need to worry on that score, Mr Dunnit won’t go near a desk that looks as if it’s mid-something, so it’s a security device. well, OK, I made that up, I just forgot and left! Then there is your tolerance for you tube videos to fix the brioche..oh man that’s me..I can watch about 4 minutes before I think I’ve lost the will to live and of course, I understand the instructions totally. Until I get to actually trying them out! And then there’s giddy process crafte you...that really got me a chuckling, so not what I want to do, but I love to see your works...please please post, your R&D is absolutely the sort that I want to read!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I hadn't heard of Brioche stitch so had to check it out - it's quite easy huh? I like the look of it very much!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am loving the look of the book, it looks as though it has some interesting techniques. maybe you will show us some when you start trying them out. The knitting looks great too. Have a great woyww and a happy creative week, Angela x16x

Sarah Brennan said...

That book looks great! Hope you manage to sort out the knitting error. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi there, love the look of the book, and the colours of your knitting. Not got the patience for it I'm afraid. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 x

glitterandglue said...

Hi there. Oh my - I'm going to have to pop and discover brioche knitting - it's going to look amazing. Very brave. Make your own brushes??? Think I might pass on that, and continue to buy them...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1