Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I love you to the moon and back

My first spinner card. I used to read a book to my daughter that had the phrase "I love you to the moon and back", so I made this card for her.

The sentiment from Hero Arts Shoot for the Moon stamp set is embossed with WOW Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder.

I made the spinner slot with two SpellBinders Oval dies taped with Painter'sTape to keep them from slipping. The slot was a little narrow, so I made the slider by gluing circles from a hole punch in a stack between two pennies.

The moon, earth and rocket come from Paper Smooches Space Cadet stamped with Versamark Ink, embossed with more Glow in the Dark embossing powder. Painted with white acrylic paint and then colored with Memento Dual Markers. The top layer is Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow cardstock speckled with white acrylic paint splattered with a paint brush.  The bottom layer is Papertrey Ink True Black.

Simon Says Stamp, so I did  : D. Paper Smooches SPARKS is Anything Goes.

3 comments:

Alice said...

very cool spinner card! thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

Katie Gehring said...

This is so fun! I bet the lucky recipient will LOVE playing with this spinner card! Thanks for playing along with this week's SPARKS challenge!

jenn shurkus said...

how wicked fun is this!!!!! out of this world ;) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!