Wednesday, March 7, 2018

WOYWW 457

I took the Stamps Meet Scrapbook class at Altenew Academy. I am addicted to using my stamps on scrapbook layouts. So Stage I of the layout is almost done, I just need to stitch down the acetate butterfly. The background is stamped with a coffee spill stamp from Altenew's Coffee with a Splash. The photograph one that I took when I was working with Papertrey Ink's Studio Style and had the ribbon so I recreated one of the stamps. Then used the ribbons on the page. I love the different textures (twill, satin, and grosgrain). Stage II is all the journaling that usually takes a bit longer. In the background Desk Pelican has something to say : D. And the Automata Pirate is still in pieces... his trousers are in the back left side of the picture.

I'm also taking the Daily Embroidery Challenge: Stitch-a-Day Sampler at creativebug. I've been stitching for 53 years, but never got around to doing couching nor dot stitches before. I'm only a day behind and hope catch up today : D. Also I am obsessed with the variegated DMC embroidery floss. I'm thinking of using this two tone handspun for the hoop though.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for some peeks at other crafty spaces : D.

8 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Good evening. That's a great layout. Well done. Even looking at a photograph, the satin shows so well against the other ribbons. Well done on learning new embroidery stitches.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

what fabulous stitching! have a great week. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Interesting stitchwork, hope we get to see more as it develops. Have a great woyww and a lovely creative week, Angela x18x

April said...

Fun layout! You are stitching everyday - impressive.
April #34

Sarah Brennan said...

I like how you've marked out your stitch sampler ready to add stitches as it progresses. Fab layout and great use of stamps. Sarah #7

Heather M said...

That is a lovely layout. The colour of the ribbons is one of my favourites. Have a lovely week Heather x #13

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely lovely, love it when you can use stamps like that, your LO is fab, perfect. I didn’t even know that variegated floss was available it’s been so long since I did any stitching. Really like how multi craft talented you are!

SusanLotus said...

It´s so very true that "Inspirations is everywhere".
Happy woyww!
Sussie nr 24