Wednesday, January 31, 2018

WOYWW 452

All progress on my Pirate Automata has been covered by the return of traveling crafting transportation devices (bags lol). Yesterday I went to my sister's house and we made 15 cards. She was mostly the selector and eyes and I was mostly the hands. I dropped the very last inner sentiment stamp, so I resorted to the old cover it with patterned paper and stamp it again trick lol.

So today I'll be putting everything back in it's proper place.

I made this fun hat with a Freia Fibers super bulky yarn called Dirty Hippie and a pattern called Pompom and Tuft. Once I figured out the tuft stitch, it was a super fast knit (less than a day). Whilst I was trying to figure out the tuft stitch, the temperature was ranging from 15F to -6F... now that it's finished it's been well above. So I need to find a hat pattern for more temperate cold weather lol. The tuft stitch was not so much difficult as it was just so different from my moderate range of knit stitches experience it simply did not compute for about a month lol. The pompom is removable for easy cleaning which is just brilliant. But without the pompom I feel I am channeling Venus of Willendorf, so I am team PomPom all the way lol.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for more crafty peeks!

9 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable hat! And I've used that cover it with paper trick myself from time to time!
Have a great day!! ~Sandy from Texas #31

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi there, it's amazing how often a layer can save the day, lol. Or an embellishment. Love the colours in the hat. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Sarah Brennan said...

Ooh I do love that hat. I've not come across tuft stitch before but it is very pretty. I'll have to look it up. Have a good week. Sarah #12

Lindart said...

I love the colours in that hat! It looks like a very complicated stitch (I know you said it wasn't, but it looks like it is!) I love your traveling crafting transportation devices! Have a great week! Lindart #34

glitterandglue said...

Hi there. Love that hat - the colours are gorgeous. Oh, take heart! - haven't we all done that trick of messing up at the last minute and covering with another paper? I'm sure it was fine by the time you had finished:-)
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The hat is brilliant, love all the bright colours. Have a lovely woyww and happy crafty week, Angela xXx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, THAT'S. hat to make you smile, I love it! I want to see a close up of your pirate automata...pretty please! I love everything to do with paper engineering - a very fond memory is of my oldest boy (then 14) and I making The Unseen University from Discworld, with shapes that were pressed out of a book.
Hugs LLJ 11 xxxx

Anonymous said...

it amazing how another layer many times will save the day!!! That hat is beautiful and i'm not familiar with that stitch but I love it,, the colors are wonderful!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Fab hat, love the colours. Absolutely LOVE the name...’dirty hippie’, will be smiling over that for a while! Fifteen cards in a day with your sister. Very impressive. A day with my sister would not be so productive, but just as well spent!