Wednesday, May 16, 2018


Doing a little stamping as one does lol. This is my long pined for, now on clearance Papertrey Ink World Map stamp started after finishing up a tough "de-glittering" of a second hand stamp set. Embossing powder is nothing compared to fine glitter! Still plugging away at the 100 day scrapbook project, though some days it's just hunting for the stuff lol. Still, I'm counting it : D.

I finished my Harry Potter 7 part 2 blog post finally. No photos, and all handmade embellishments and the hard part was condensing allllll the words lol.

Check out the little doe patronus though : D.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for more crafty peeks! Next week is the 9th anniversary. Time flies so quickly as I get older!

Harry Potter 7 part 2 layout

This is one of the most complicated layouts I've ever made, summing up my enjoyment of Harry Potter's adventures and my feelings about the last of the "new" events. The focal point is the slide cover of  the Harry Potter 7 part 2 blu-ray. It's a motion image showing Harry and his friends on one angle

and Voldemort and his cronies on the other. The frame is made with strips of Tapeworks lime green polka dot tape and American Craft green Glitter Ribbon.

The paper is from the Recollections Floral Fantasy Paper pad. And had this drapey pattern that reminded me of the veil. I started by stamping the clouds from Altenew's Rain or Shine set with Distress Oxides (Hickory Smoke, Iced Spruce, and the last layer stamped twice with Antique Linen and Black Soot slightly off center).and embossing the lighting with Ranger Weathered White Antiquities embossing powder. For the record, I can not adequately express my love of stamping with Distress Oxide inks on dark paper! All the frames are made with Altenew's Framed stamp and die set. All the cardstock used to make the frames is from Papertrey Ink.

 The largest is made with Papertrey Ink's Stormy Sea cardstock and heat embossed with American Craft Zing! Neon Yellow embossing powder. Twisted Citron Distress Oxide was used to pretty much cover the entire image, then painted with Stormy Sea ink and a very liberal use of water using the Distress Sprayer.

The frame was made using Honey Nut cardstock and Lindy's Stamp Gang King Midas Gold embossing powder. The inside of the frame is colored by brushing the Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide inkpad over the cardstock, painting it with a paint made with a drop of Spun Sugar and Scattered Straw Distress Ink reinkers blended with water. Which was then spritzed heavily with the Distress Sprayer.

The books were made by cutting a 1 inch strip of cardstock from Altenew's New Day card kit. Fold a crease about the width of the book spine. Round a bit more than the width of the spine on a edge, then make another crease and cut. Glue flat edges together. The numbers were written with a gold Uni-Ball gel pen. The spines were dipped in a puddle of Frayed Burlap Distress Ink blotted on the craft mat and spritzed with water. Then when they were dry, highlighted with Frayed Burlap Distress Crayon (smudged with finger).

Weathervane cardstock with Turquoise Antiquities embossing powder by Ranger. Painted with a drop of Peeled Paint Distress Ink reinker spritzed with water. Then spritzed with water when it dried and dabbed dry.

Winter Wisteria cardstock. The frame is embossed with American Craft Zing! Cricket embossing powder painted with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. The center is stamped with the book from Papertrey Ink's All Booked Up and Super Fine Detail Gold embossing powder by Ranger. This is also sprinkled above the book. The book is colored with Picket Fence and Candied Apple Distress Markers. Sparkles are drawn with a gold Uni-Ball gel pen.

Because the focal image had a bit of height I cut the frame again out of fun foam covered with Papertrey Ink Adhesive Paper (much easier to attach things to fun foam with this on it). Then cut away the parts where the frame is.

Started with Spring Moss cardstock and Weathered White Antiquities embossing powder by Ranger. The frame was painted with a drop of Peeled Paint Distress Ink reinker and one drop of Weathered Wood Distress Ink reinker spritzed heavily and blended. The Deathly Hallow symbol was drawn by hand.

My favorite embellishment. Stormy Seas cardstock with Wendy Vecchi Sky Blue embossing powder painted with Stormy Seas ink and misted with water. The doe is from Papertrey Ink's Make It Market kit: Tinsel & Tags with Silver embossing powder by Ranger. Picket Fence Distress Marker to give it more of a "patronus" feel.

The banner is a strip of patterned paper from a very old K&Co collection, distressed with a Tim Holtz Tonic Distresser, and written on with a gold Uni-Ball gel pen.