Tuesday, August 12, 2014


My desk has a clearing because I just took apart a failed moveable prototype, but lessons have been learned and the next one is sure to be a little more successful : D. All 5 projects made it to the fair, but the Doctor Who/Whoville mashup will be made another day. Ironically I ran out of time, so it was just a Tardis in the snow ornament. It's been a busy week, with lots of posts... I feel I might be making up for the 33 weeks I was without a useable camera.

I finally got around to making the prototype with my Eileen Fahleens (iron filings). It's ridiculously fun and I'll be making more of them. And a realllllly good seal for the filings seeing as they are very tiny and very heavy (they are made of iron lol). A stacked well of cardstock with an extra seal of glue or stickles does the trick nicely. The other secret is really good magnets, the cheap ones (that barely hang on to refrigerators) really don't move the iron filings at all.. It also works well as a message board if it's put in an easel. Fun and practical : D. The frame on this piece comes from the shaker card below.  I entered it in the Artful Times Kinetic Challenge. Kinetic cards, tooo much fun  : D.

This is the shaker card I sent to the fair. The paper is Anna Griffin. I'm making a conscious effort to use patterned paper. I have a four foot stack of it, time to start using it in earnest lol.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground to see more crafty spaces around the world.