Friday, February 12, 2010

A Bright Tiny Light Went Out Today

A tiny bright light went out today. Zeus the hamster died, apparently in his sleep. In his approximately 2 years on this earth, he escaped more than a few times. During a few of his adventures he climbed stairs, spent one night in a pack with one of the cats, and hid in a tube of wrapping paper fortified with lots and lots of wool and was missing for a few days more than once. He had a bright inquistive nature. His stillness leaves the house feeling a lot emptier than his size would suggest. I am immensely saddened.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zeus was the best! I'm so sad to hear about this. Hugs!

flowerdisco said...

oh!!! a big hug for you. glad Zeus had an adventurous life. We have cried for goldfish and miss them terribly, so I know.

Anonymous said...

Size does not dictate the amount of love we hold. He sounds like a spectacular boy - I'm so sorry.

Magoo said...

awwww I'm so sorry!!! We lost 'Linny' almost a year ago and my daughter still talks about her :(

hugs to you my dear

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! I lost my sweet do "Misty" last year and it was so traumatic for me. Now I have Buster. I hope all the good memories are helping to make it easier for you.