Monday, February 7, 2011

Steam Punk Mad Plaid Love

Today is my day to be the Guest Designer at TheBugBytes which is always exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time lol.

This started out with the last image from Love Struck 2010. I'm not the typical Valentine's Day Person, so I chose a black and plaid combination. A couple of tips about box making I've learned over the past couple of weeks: it's much easier to decorate a flat box, so decorate before assembling, and use the edge of a craft table to fold score lines rather than a ruler.

I decorated the heart with the Viva Decor Hematite Glitter Line. With the height set at 9.04" on the Gypsy, the box dimensions are 4" x 1" x 6.5". I used the Your Story (the Your Story Photo would also work for this) to make a mini book that will go in the box with a candy bar.

The mini book cover 3.5" (the front cover is 3.25" to show some of the pages) x 5" with a 0.5" spine that I scored in the middle so the spine had a little dimension. I used Black Magic Core'dinations cardstock and ran the front through my Cuttlebug Clockworks folder (which is a whopping 5" x 7" btw). It's the perfect size for those Tim Holtz message stamps I've been collecting lol.

1 comment:

flowerdisco said...

love that folder and you are right about embellishing...we just have to make sure what goes where, ;p