Monday, July 14, 2014

Stomp for Joy

A Stomp for Joy Shaker card using clear acetate cardstock so a second entry in the Simon Says Let's Be Clear Challenge. I was inspired by one of my favorite scenes in Jurassic Park where the water starts shaking as the T-Rex approaches (I keep a glass of water by my bed, it's also useful to see if there is an earthquake). I used my monster stamp on Papertrey Ink Melon Berry patterned paper and Opaque White Zing Embossing Powder. The sentiment is handwritten because I don't have a stamp for that and I'm trying to get over the "ack my handwriting thing".

Here's a close up of the shaker with everything settled.  The little lines around the monster are left on the stamp from the carving process. I decided I liked them as they give a sort of "wood block" feeling. The ovals are cut with the Papertrey Ink Make It Market Shakers and Sprinkles kit, and so is the "sugar" used in the shaker.

2 comments:

cheiron said...

Love your handwriting! I thought it was a STAMP!!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Let's Be Clear Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I stopped by to see this beauty before I saw you had linked to T. Unfortunately, my computer went on the fritz, and like the T-Rex, decided to have a stomping fit. This is a really fun card, and I like how you carved the stamp. You are SO talented.

Now I'm off to check your T post.