Sunday, August 3, 2014

Alarmed by Jingle, Door Edition

It started off as a card with a Diamond Wallpaper stamped background, and then it went in a different direction. I'm not sure which I saw first, the Jingle Bells or found the Christmas Tree stamp when I was foraging for small images. After I stamped the diamonds, I added the Christmas Trees from Places Please and embossed them with Zing Green Glitter Finish Embossing Powder. I stitched the small jingle bells in the center of the diamonds on the left.

Then I needed a crest for my "Alarmed by Jingle" logo, so I wrestled with Cricut Craft Room (I'm in the Gypsy camp)  and my Imagine and welded two Crests together from Fontopia. I used the Text Box to make the slogan (Art Nouveau Font 2). I just printed the text on one layer, then print and cut the crest and its topper on the second layer. Then I blinged it up with a glue pen and red embossing tinsel over the "Jingle", covered the "Alarmed by with a Sakura Clearstar Pen, and outlined the crest and its elements with Ruby Slippers Pure Glitz.

I used a piece of Step Flashing (that I bought to make message boards a la Green Bean). Attached some paper from K&Company to the flashing, Corner Chomped the corners, used my Crop-a-Dile to punch holes, added the large jingle bells and ribbon.

Make It Monday #174 Diamond Wallpaper Stamping, Simon Says J is for (in this case, Jingle)

Embossing Powder: Personal Stamp Exchange Red Embossing Tinsel (Jingle), Zing Green Glitter Finish (trees).

Stamps: Papertrey Ink  Places Please (tree), Kitchen Sink Plaid (line).

Cricut Cartridges: Art Nouveau, Fontopia Hey Diddle, Diddle Imagine (pattern on crest layer)

Paper: Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select cardstock, K&Company Classic K Specialty Paper Pad

Misc. Sakura Quickie Glue pen, Clearstar Gelly Roll pen (over "Alarmed by"), Pure Glitz Ruby Slippers. Corner Chompers, Crop-A-Dile, Galvanized Flashing (galvanized steel) you can add magnetic messages), Organza Ribbon (1 1/2" wide). Jingle Bells

No comments: