Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bugs and Kisses, 1.1

This is a tweaking of a layout I did a few years ago (you can read the details here). The border ribbon never lay right for me, so I decided to replace it. I used my Gypsy and welded bugs & kisses (from the Cindy Loo cartridge) to a rectangle. I cut a second "g" and glued it on the title,and then outlined everything with a fine line black pigment pen.

I used a "decorative accent" from the candle department (around 2010 these were known as "skittles" by the crafty crowd I ran with) dyed with alcohol ink for the dot for the "i". One of the things I liked best was the ribbon came off (with a little bit of tugging, but the paper still had adhesive on it. Luckily I had some freezer paper left over from another project (okay it was a year ago lol) so I just put that over the adhesive until the new title was ready.

1 comment:

sandra de said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my biro drawing. Love the LO, scrapping is something I love doing but rarely put the time aside. I like the outlining of the letters ... seems to make them stand out.
Sandra de