Saturday, August 23, 2014

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire: Explore the 1920's

Explore the 1920's. I admit I have a bit of bias, I love so much about the twenties. I even wrote a comparative analysis of Garden Design between the Economic Boom of the 1920's, the Economic Depression of the1930's and World War II which I called "Gardens Gone Boom, Bust and Bang!".  I have a tabletop Victrola and most of my 78's are from the 1920s. Dare to be a Babbit! (a scathing condemnation of Middle Income complacency and sheepish need to follow the crowd turned into a celebration of the same by a booster group). And I'm tapping my toes so much while I'm listening to the playlist I can barely type... fortunately I'm too tired to Charleston, but I do know how : D.

The jewel of the 1920's mini kit is the die. It's nothing short of brilliant, a die and a rhinestone placement stencil in one. I only used some of the rhinestone possibilities. I'm not sure I will ever get all the green glitter out of the nooks and crannies of my crafting bins, but it was well worth it. In addition to the materials in the mini kit I used Ocean Tides cardstock, Green Glitter leftover from a stamp kit of some sort and Black Soot Distress Ink.

No comments: