Saturday, September 20, 2014

Paper Weaving

A tag with paper weaving.  The Papertrey Ink Make It Monday#180: Paper Weaving and Simon Says Tag It.

I wanted to use the border cut and a double layered in my weaving, so the rest of the strips I chose were softer hues cardstock and white vellum. I taped all the ends to a piece of Classic Kraft cardstock and then started to weave. The side to side pieces were all the same cardstock and I didn't have a lot of it so I stitched every thing down.

Since the challenge at Simon Says is Tag, I used my 1/2" side of the Corner Chompers and a standard hole punch and voila a tag.

I was heavily influenced by Melissa Phillips post on layering with vellum for the focal point, using two layers of purple vellum over the Classic Kraft cardstock die cut with Papertrey Ink's Limitless Labels 2 1/4 square die set and inked with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. The square is edged with Dusty Concord Distress Ink, edged with paper piercing and stamped with a two part stamp from Papertrey Ink's A Little Inspiration stamp set (in Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord). With a few Mirror Stars from Tim Holtz' Ideology. The bow is Papertrey Ink silk ribbon dyed with Seedless Preserves spritzed with water on my craft mat.

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with this. I like the concept, the weaving, the composition, and the colors. What more is there to say? I LOVE this tag!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous tag :-) I love the paper weaving, fab papers and the whole design of this is awesome !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x