Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Vintage Typewriter card

Simon Says challenge this week is "H". I found a Tim Holtz Vintage Typewriter die for $5. The first thing I did was cut a stencil and mask with it out of it's plastic packaging. It's like getting the stencil and mask for free : ).

The second thing I did was cut it again because I didn't write on it with a Sharpie and  it got lost.  This is the first one... see how clear it is? I found it after I cut the second one. It will probably be turned into an embellishment on a scrapbook page.

I used the "outside" piece to trace the outter shape of the typewriter with a fine tip Sharpie. The mask has some cuts that are just slits, so I opened those up with a craft knife and a pair of scissors. Then I traced all the openings using the mask. It reminds me of free hand drawings I did in the 70s.

One very nice bonus about the size is that they all fit into a sandwich bag.  Next I'm going to cut some fun foam so I can make a stamp : ).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great take on the "H" challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is Genius times fifty! I just adore how your project turned out and I appreciate the great inspiration. I also had to laugh when you said you'd lost the first one! These do turn out to be rather invisible, huh! I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find a stencil after I made it! Being an English major "word nerd," I also really adored the iconic typewriter image and I love how you gave it a new twist by making it into a stencil. Wonderful job and I'm so glad that you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!