Wednesday, October 19, 2016

WOYWW 385


 Sample, sample, sample, sample. Pulling out all sorts of green for another stationery set. This time I'm working off the wedding invitation.

 I went to the New York Sheep and Wool Show in Rhinebeck where I met this little guy (a young alpaca I believe).

I bought 3 silk caps for spinning (I'll be writing a post about it soon). They are a lot shinier than they look in this picture though.

 It was crowded. I met people from all across the country. The person pushing the stroller is the end of the line for some very yummy falafels being sold under that tent in the background. I stood in line for 45 minutes. It was worth it. 

Then I needed a little space, and I found it. Monty Python fans may recognize this as "A Larch" : D.

Hop over to Julia's Stamping Ground for a gander at more crafty spaces : D.

7 comments:

okienurse said...

yes, yes, definitely a larch!! Love the pictures of the alpaca and wool Have a friend that is a rabid spinner. I think she has a couple sheep, several angora rabbits that she treats as babies...cool chick! https://www.facebook.com/michelef2?fref=ts She has an several different spinning wheels and looms. Lives in BC Canada so I don't get to see her but once or twice a year. Have a great week. Vickie #11

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. That looks like a great show - and what fabulous weather. Our neighbours used to have alpacas - very cute. 45 minute queue = too long for me! Ali x #27

glitterandglue said...

Hi there. Oh, those silk caps - just wonderful!!! How I would love getting my hands on pieces like that and making some silk paper... What a great time you had at the show - sounds good.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

Sharon said...

Wow it looks like it was busy! The silk caps look wonderful - beautiful colours. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #34

CraftyHope said...

Your desk looks like it's full of busy! You have a lot of greens too!!
I'm so glad the food was worth it. My husband won't even wait that long for his favorite restaurants. I can't imagine standing outside waiting like that. Of course, I'm sure the people-watching was great.
I'm not sure how you use those silk caps, but those colors are yummy!
Enjoy
Hope #45

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I so love alpaca. There's a farm that we pass sometimes and they have a massive herd of them. They make such sweet sounds too. Happy belated woyww, Angela x 17

Heather said...

I love to spin! Can't wait to see what you create with those silk caps! Sorry I'm so late! Have a great week! Heather (waywardgypsy) #51?