Wednesday, April 25, 2018

School Picture Dilemma

We have a relatively small family and there were usually lots of leftover photographs especially the wallet size photographs. The quandary is always what to do with the leftover photographs. Three down! : D.

 Another dilemma was the alphabet sticker. I really wanted to use this retired (?) Pink Paislee Old School Glitter set, only I was missing a lower case m and an o. So I used an upper case m, and the inner circle from two o's (with extra sticking power from Tim Holtz' Collage Medium).

  Originally I had used this stamped die cut from Papertrey Ink's Be Mine, Valentine. But I felt it was out of scale.

 So I restamped it on some Shrinky Dink and shrunk it down : D.

It also serves as the slide indicator for the pull out journaling. (I LOVE pocket journaling).

One of the most ingrained lessons of my childhood is that photographs must be handled carefully, held at the edges. So I challenge myself to alter photographs. If I have many, I'll alter an original, otherwise I alter copies. In this case I used a poker to scratch a halo and "smile" and then added a rub-on from a Three Birds kit purchased in 2010ish.

Supplies:
My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy papers
Pink Paislee Old School Glitter Sticker Alphabet
Tim Holtz Tape Postal (grid and ruler tape)
Tape Works - polka dot
Rub Ons from a very old kit by Three Birds
Shrinky Dink 
Papertrey Ink stamp and die: Be Mine, Valentine
Wendy Vecchi Inks: Orange Blossom, Coffee, and Rose Mader

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Color me impressed. You came up with SO many good ideas. I loved them all, right down to the shrinky dink and adorable photos.