Wednesday, February 13, 2019

WOYWW 506

Dreaming of beachy days. The project bag is from Mothy.and.the.Squid who also dyes yarns fabulously. The shawl (Drachenfels by Melanie Berg) is chock full of blissful garter stitch, but lacey stuff is in the next on the list. This was supposed to be my first full sized shawl, but I succumbed to the siren song of all that is WestKnits, and made one totally out of my depth. I am a slow and persistent knitter lol. Also I am reorganizing the entire house, so there is chaos except here in my knitting bag and a few spindles.

About last week, when I said I'm learning to sit in my discomfort, I should have been more specific. I'm learning to just listen to things like other people's anger and pain even though it makes me uncomfortable. I do it so they know they are heard. I was raised with the expectation that people, especially women should make people feel better by saying things like, "it'll be better" or offering "solutions" which can make the people speaking feel shut off and unheard. Just wanting to be clear, I'm not wearing a hair shirt or anything.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for more crafty peeks.

6 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Reorganising the house sounds like a massive job! No wonder you need to knit, much more restful. Good luck with that, rather you than me, sooner be crafting Lol! Have a happy woyww, Angela x5x

glitterandglue said...

Hi there. That shawl is looking lovely - the colour is fabulous, and garter stitch is just SO good! ENJOY!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow, good luck with the house reorganising it's a big job. Hope the knitting is relaxing as a reward for progress. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Christine said...

Best of luck with the reorganising - we have just refurbished but oooohhhhh the upset. I am beginning to think we will never ever be straight again!
Love the garter stitch knitting.
Have a good week
Christine #18

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my the whole house..!! It makes me nervous thinking about it. After having recently had a small kitchen refit, I still have boxes to unpack. Good luck and enjoy your fabulous knitting it will help take your mind of what to be done next. Happy Woyww Tracey.
P.S love that sea themed fabric

Kelly said...

love the tones of the shawl. Nice to have that quiet spot with your needles amongst the reorganizing. I'm trying to de-stash so I know the chore. Hugs and Creative Blessings! Kelly #21